Search This Blog

Monday

PARENT/TEACHER’ S RELATIONSHIP

On this post, I’m going to talk about how parents should relate with the teachers of their children. After reading this post, the parents will know why they must be close with the teachers of their children and vice versa. Therefore, keep reading and enjoy your stay.

Both the parents and the teachers must work together for the purpose of bringing up a child with a great mind. Though, by profession, the teachers become the parents when the children are in school, but the parents continue the parenting when they get home.

What I’m trying to say is that both of them are involved in the process of parenting and teaching. The challenge here is that, the incapability of some teachers has given the parents the chance of molesting them, even before the students and school management. The teachers should be the one to prove that they are capable of handling the children so that the parents can entrust them with their children.

Mistakes are inevitable and no one is an epitome of knowledge, if any teacher makes a mistake, a parent can walk up to him/her and kindly making a correction. That settles the matter. What I’ve learnt over the time is that any corrected mistake will not be repeated. I had such an experience in one of the schools I worked. I was employed as a mathematics teacher and was told to teach English language because a teacher should be able to teach all subjects when he/she is employed to teach in a primary school. This became a great challenge for me. In the course of teaching the children, I made a mistake in my spoken English by saying that, ‘I lives at ……………….’.
Furthermore, the children told their parents about it when they got home and it became a serious issue that I cannot handle. Most of the parents came to school to report the matter to the management and two of them came to meet me in the class, shouted at me and insulted me but I summoned courage and told them it was a mistake. Later, the head teacher called me to her office in the presence of some of the parents and said, “Truly, she had made a mistake and I’m very sure that she won’t make such a mistake again”. Could you believe that this statement settles all grudges in the mind of all the parents that were in the office that day? When they left, the head teacher spoke with me and encouraged me to learn the subject very well before going to the class to teach. If the head teacher did not encourage me the way she did I wouldn’t have become a writer today. Though, teachers are experts in their field but they have their weaknesses.